Dean Industrial Consultancy, Sponsored Research and Industry Interaction will oversee the functioning of CDCRC under three heads, each responsible for the following functions:
Head (Placement of Internship and Careers):
- Develops strategies for securing internship positions for students in India and abroad, in academic and research institutions as well as industry, which will enhance their profile and their career opportunities
- Serves as a liaison between IIT Ropar Academic Administration team, industrial organizations, and the students
- Advises the IIT Ropar Academic Administration Team on how students could better connect with industrial opportunities
Head of Corporate Relations:
- Serves as the first point of contact between industries and IIT Ropar, and provides information on relevant details for internship and placements
- Responsible for creating awareness in industries on the research facilities available at the Institute for Industrial Consultancy Sponsored Research and Continuing Education
- Recommends industry personnel who can be co-opted as Adjunct Professors or invited for Guest Lectures etc.
- Coordinating industrial visits of faculty members
- Develops policies facilitating industry-institute interaction
Head Professional Development:
- Serves as the official responsible for professional development activities (e.g. Soft Skills, Life Skills) for IIT Ropar Students
- Provides opportunities for students facilitating discovery of their potential, interests and aptitudes (self-discovery)
- Organizes opportunities for students on developing effective Communication Skills (e.g. resumes, group discussions and interviews) and gearing them towards life-long learning
- Organizes speaking opportunities and workshops by professionals (e.g. IIT alumni, faculty, HR Professionals, Entrepreneurs, Industries, Research Organizations-Domestic and International) who are interested in inspiring and enabling achievement-oriented and talented IIT Ropar students.
- Recommends and develops resources for professional development (e.g. library development, peer-learning initiatives, adult learning) for the future scientific and technical workforce.