Dr. S. Manigandan is a Chemical Engineer with 5+ years experience in R&D (Industry as well as academia) and 1+ year experience in teaching in reputed academic institute. Recipient of Shah-Schulman award for the best PhD thesis in the area of Colloids & Interface for the year 2017, issued by competent authority of IIChE. Recipient of "Institute Research Award-2017" for the quality and quantity of the research work done at IIT Madras. Recipient of "pre-doctoral fellowship award-2017" equivalent to post-doc, issued by competent authority of IIT Madras.
Areas of Research
1. Thermodynamics of interfacial systems
2. Synthesis and self-assembly of Janus or patchy colloids
3. Nanoparticle coating via electrostatic
4. Synthesis of in-organic, metalic and polymeric colloids
5. Emulsion and foam stabilization
6. Self-propelling particles
7. Soft materials
8. Vertical deposition of colloidal particles; Langmuir-Blodgett deposition technique
9. Contact angle studies at fluid-fluid interfaces
10. Sessile drop evaproation of suspensions
1. PhD in Chemical Engineering from IIT Madras (2012-2017)
2. MS in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur (2006-2009)
3. B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from University of Madras (1999-2003)
1. Assistant Professor, NIT Warangal (May 2018-Jan 2019)
2. Analyst, Group Technology and Innovation Office (GTIO), TATA Sons Limited, Pune (Nov 2017-Apr 2018)
1. S. Manigandan, Remya Ann Mathews, Ethayaraja Mani*, “Self-Assembly of Inverse Patchy Colloids with Tunable Patch Coverage”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 19, 2017, 13122-13132. Impact Factor: 4.123.
2. S. Yogesh, S Manigandan, Ethayaraja Mani*, “Staggered linear assembly of spherical-cap colloids”, Langmuir, 33, 2017, 6760−6768. Impact Factor: 3.833.
3. S. Manigandan, S. Yogesh, MG Basavaraj, Ethayaraja Mani*, “Synthesis of non-spherical patchy particles at fluid-fluid interfaces via differential deformation and their self-assembly”, Soft Matter, 12, 2016, 5950-5958. Impact Factor: 3.798.
4. S. Manigandan, V Kollabattula, MG Basavaraj, Ethayaraja Mani*, “Visualization of the equilibrium position of colloidal particles at fluid–water interfaces by deposition of nanoparticles”, Nanoscale, 7 (33), 2015, 13868-13876. Impact Factor: 7.76.
5. S. Manigandan, SD Christdoss Pushpam, MG Basavaraj, Ethayaraja Mani*, “Synthesis of Single and Multipatch Particles by Dip-Coating Method and Self-Assembly Thereof”, Langmuir, 31 (4), 2015, 1255-1261. Impact Factor: 3.833.
6. S. Manigandan, S Majumder, A Suresh, S Ganguly, K Kargupta* and D Banerjee, “Electric field induced dewetting and pattern formation in thin conducting polymer film”, Sensors and Actuators Part B: Chemical, 144, 2010, 170-175. Impact Factor: 5.401.
7. S. Manigandan, A Jain, S Majumder, S Ganguly and K Kargupta*, “Formation of nanorods and nanoparticles of conducting Polyaniline: Performance study on gas sensor”, Sensors and Actuators Part B: Chemical, 133, 2008, 187-194. Impact Factor: 5.401.
8. S. Manigandan, S Majumder, S Ganguly and K Kargupta*, “Formation of nanorods and nanoparticles of conducting Polyaniline”, Materials Letter, 62, 2008, 2758-2761. Impact Factor: 2.572.