• Hydrodynamics of non-Newtonian fluid-particle systems including bubbles, drops, particles and fluidization.
• Multiphase (Gas/Liquid) flow in pipes and in packed beds.
• Interaction between nonlinear properties of fluids and shapes of particles.
• Modelling of non-Newtonian fluid flow in fibrous media.
Ph.D.: Monash University, Australia, 1980
M.E.: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 1976
B.E.: University of Roorkee, India, 1974
Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
1. L. Mishra, A.K. Baranwal and R.P. Chhabra, Laminar forced convection in power-law fluids from two heated cylinders in a square duct, International Heat and Mass Transfer, In press (2017).
2. A.K. Baranwal and R.P. Chhabra, Effect of yield stress on free convection from an isothermal cylinder adjacent to an adiabatic wall, Computational Thermal Science, in press (2017).
3. C. Kabwe, R. Haldenwang, V. Fester and R.P. Chhabra, Transitional flow of non-Newtonian fluids in open channels of different cross-sectional shapes, J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. Eng., 39, 2171-2189 (2017).
4. S. Mukherjee, A. K. Gupta and R. P. Chhabra, Laminar forced convection in power-law and Bingham plastic fluids in ducts of semi-circular and other cross-sections, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 104, 112-141 (2017).
5. A. K. Gupta and R.P. Chhabra, Combined effects of fluid shear-thinning and yield stress on heat transfer from an isothermal spheroid, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 93, 803-826 (2016).