Dr. Auluck is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT, Ropar. Prior to joining IIT, Ropar, Dr. Auluck was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Quincy University in Quincy, Illinois, USA from August, 2004 – May, 2010. Dr. Auluck graduated with a B. Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Poojya Dodappa Appa College of Engineering, affiliated to Gulbarga University, Karnataka, India in 1998. He obtained his PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA in 2005
Areas of Research
Real-time systems, Scheduling, Parallel and Distributed Computing
1. Ph.D., University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 2005.
2. B.E., Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, Karnataka, India, 1998.
December 2015 - present: Associate Professor, Department of CSE, IIT Ropar.
June 2010 - November 2015: Assistant Professor, Department of CSE, IIT Ropar
August 2004 - May 2010: Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, Quincy University, Quincy, USA.
1. J. Singh, A. Gujral, H. Singh, J. Singh, N. Auluck, “Energy Aware Scheduling on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors with DVFS & Duplication”, The 17th IEEE International Conference on Parallel & Distributed Computing, Applications & Technologies, Guangzhou, China, December 16 - 18, 2016.
2. J. Singh, M. Pandey, E. Katiyar, R. Tulasyan, V. Gupta, N. Auluck, A Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm to Improve Power and Performance of Heterogeneous Multiprocessors, The IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed & Grid Computing, Shimla, December 22 - 24, 2016 (second best paper award)
3. Jagpreet Singh and Nitin Auluck, "Real-Time Scheduling on Heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems", The IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed & Grid Computing (PDGC 2016), December 22-24, 2016.
4. Jagpreet Singh, Mohit Kumar Pandey, Ekansh Katiyar, Rohit Tulasyan, Vijay Gupta and Nitin Auluck, "A Multiobjective Genetic Algorithm to improve power and performance of heterogeneous multiprocessors", IEEE International Workshop on Network Computing and Data Management, Tianjin, China, August 23 - 26, 2016.
5. Jagpreet Singh and Nitin Auluck, "Controlled duplication scheduling of real-time precedence tasks on heterogeneous multiprocessors", The 19th Workshop on Job Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Processing (JSSPP), the IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), May 25-29, Hyderabad, 2015.
6. Jagpreet Singh, Sandeep Betha, Bhargav Mangipudi and Nitin Auluck, "Contention Aware Energy Efficient Scheduling on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors", IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2014.
7. Jagpreet Singh and Nitin Auluck, “ DVFS and Duplication based scheduling for optimising Power and Performance in heterogeneous multiprocessors”, The 22nd ACM High Performance Computing Symposium, April 2014, Tampa, USA.
8. Jagpreet Singh, Bhargav Mangipudi, Betha Sandeep and Nitin Auluck, "Restricted duplication based MILP formulation for scheduling task graphs on unrelated parallel machines", The IEEE International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms and Programming, Dec. 17-20, 2012, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 202 - 209.
9. Jagpreet Singh and Nitin Auluck, "Controlled Duplication for Scheduling Real-Time Precedence Tasks on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors", The IEEE High Performance Computing Conference (HiPC), Student Research Symposium, December 18 - 21, 2011, Bengaluru, India.
10. Nitin Auluck, "A Theoretical Framework for Improving the Schedulability of Hard and Soft Real-time Tasks on Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)", The Third IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Computer Technology, ICECT 2011, Kanyakumari, India, pp. 277 - 282.
11. Nitin Auluck, "Improving the Schedulability of Hybrid Real-Time Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)", International Society for Advanced Science and Technology (ISAST) Transactions on Computers and Intelligent Systems, Volume 1, Number 2, 2009, pp. 94 - 96.
12. Nitin Auluck and Dharma P. Agrawal, "Enhancing the Schedulability of Real-Time Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 20, No. 11, November, 2009, pp. 1586-1599.
13. Nitin Auluck, "Duplication Based Integrated Scheduling of Hard and Soft Real-Time Tasks and Messages on Precedence Related Heterogeneous Network of Workstations (NOWs)," The Tenth IEEE High Assurance Systems Engineering Symposium, November 14-16, 2007, Dallas, Texas, USA, pp. 429-430.
14. Nitin Auluck and Dharma P. Agrawal, "An Integrated Scheduling Algorithm for Precedence Constrained Hard and Soft Real-Time Tasks on Heterogeneous Multiprocessors," The International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC, 2004), August 25-27, Aizu, Japan, pp. 196-206.