Dr. Manoranjan Mishra obtained his doctoral degree from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. He carried out post-doctoral studies at INLN, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France (2005-2006) obtaining a fellowship from French National Ministry of Education and Research and also at Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels (2006-2007). He has been a recipient of Humboldt fellowship of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), Germany during 2007-2008 and FRS-FNRS fellowship from Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique, Belgium in 2008-2009. Presently, he is an Associate Professor of Mathematics at IIT Ropar.
Areas of Research
Ph.D, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 2004
M.Sc., Berhampur University, India, 1996
B.Sc., Utkal University, India, 1994
Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, December 2015-
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, 2010-2015
Research fellow of FNRS (Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique, Belgium) Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, 2008-09
Research Fellow of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), at Institute of Fluid Mechanics, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, 2007-08
Postdoctoral research fellow at Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, 2006-07
Postdoctoral research fellow at INLN, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France, 2005-06
1. Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2016), COUPLED EFFECT OF VISCOSITY AND DENSITY GRADIENT ON FINGERING INSTABILITIES OF A MISCIBLE SLICE IN POROUS MEDIA. , Phys. Fluids. 28, 084104.
2. Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2016) FINGERING INSTABILITY AND MIXING OF A BLOB IN POROUS MEDIA Physical Review E 94, 043106.
3. Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), EFFECT OF PECLET NUMBER ON MISCIBLE RECTILINEAR DISPLACEMENT IN A HELE-SHAW CELL, Phys. Rev. E.91, 033006.
4. Pramanik, S. , Hota, T. K. and Mishra, M., (2015), Influence of viscosity contrast on buoyantly unstable miscible fluids in porous media, J. Fluid Mech. 780,388-406.
5. Pramanik, S. , De Wit and Mishra, M., (2015), Viscous fingering and deformation of a miscible circular blob in rectilinear displacement in porous media, J.Fluid Mech. 782, R2 (JFM Rapid).
6. Hota, T.K., Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), Nonmodal stability analysis of miscible viscous fingering in porous media, Phys. Rev. E 92, 053007.
7. Hota, T. K., Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), Onset of fingering instability in a finite slice of adsorbed solute, Phys. Rev. E 92,023013.
8. Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), Viscosity scaling of fingering instability in finite slices with Korteweg stress, Europhys. Lett. 109, 64001.
9. Rana, C. and Mishra, M., (2014), Fingering dynamics on the adsorbed solute with influence of less viscous and strong sample solvent, J. Chem. Phys., 141, 214701.
10. Rana, C., De Wit, A., Martin, M. and Mishra, M., (2014) combined influences of viscous fingering and solvent effect on the distribution of adsorbed solutes in porous media, RSC Advances, Vol. 4, PP 34369–34381.
11. Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M. (2014) comparison of korteweg stresses effect on the fingering instability of higher or less viscous miscible slices: linear stability analysis, Chemical Engg. Science, vol. 110, 144-152 (2014).
12. Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M. (2013) Linear Stability Analysis of Korteweg Stresses Effect on Miscible Viscous Fingering in Porous Media, Physics of Fluids, Vol 25, 074104 (2013).
13. Mishra, M., Rana, C., De Wit, A. and Martin, M (2013) Influence of a strong sample solvent on analyte dispersion in chromatographic columns, Journal of Chromatography A, Vol. 1297, 46-55.
14. Mishra, M., Thess, A. and De Wit, A. (2012) Influence of a simple magnetic bar on buoyancy-driven fingering of traveling autocatalytic reaction fronts, Physics of Fluids, Vol 24, 124101.
15. Mishra, M., De Wit, A., Sahu, K. C. (2012) Double diffusive effects on pressure-driven miscible displacement flows in a channel, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol-712, PP 579-597.
16. Mishra, M., Trevelyan, P. M. J., Almarcha, C. and De Wit, A. (2010), Influence of Double Diffusive Effects on Miscible Viscous Fingering. Physical Review Letters Vol. 105, 204501.
17. Maes, R., Rousseaux, G., Scheid, B., Mishra, M., Collinet, P. and De Wit, A. (2010), Experimental study of dispersion and miscible viscous fingering of initially circular samples in Hele-Shaw cells. Phys. Fluids Vol. 22, 123104.
18. Mishra, M., Martin, M. and De Wit, A. (2010) Influence of miscible viscous fingering with negative log-mobility ratio on spreading of adsorbed analytes, Chem. Engng. Sci. Vol, 65, 2392--2398.
19. Haddad, K., Ertunc, O., Mishra, M., and Delgado, A. (2010) Pulsating laminar fully developed channel and pipe flows, Phys Rev E. Vol. 81, 016303.
20. Mishra, M., Martin, M. and De Wit, A. (2009) Influence of miscible viscous fingering of finite slices on an adsorbed solute dynamics, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 21, 083101.
21. Mishra, M., Martin, M. and De Wit, A. (2008) Differences in miscible viscous fingering of finite width slices with positive and negative log-mobility ratio, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 78, 066306.
22. Mishra, M., Martin, M. and De Wit, A. (2007) Miscible viscous fingering with linear adsorption on the porous matrix, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 19, 073101.
23. Mishra, M. and Rao, A. R. (2005) Peristaltic transport in a channel with a porous peripheral layer: model of a flow in gastrointestinal tract, J. Biomech. Vol. 38, pp 779-789.
1. Professor Anne De Wit, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
2. Professor Michel Martin, PMMH-ESPCI, Paris, France
3. Professor Andre Thess, Ilmenau University of Technology, Ilmenau, Germany
4. Professor A. Delgado, LSTM-Erlangen, Germany
5. Professor F. Durst, LSTM-Erlangen, Germany
6. Professor Philippe Maissa, Laboratoire J. A. Dieudonne, University of Nice, Nice, France
7. Professor A. Ramachandra Rao, IISc, Bangalore, India
8. Professor Yuichro Nagatsu, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
9. Dr. O. Ertunc, LSTM-Erlangen, Germany
10. Dr. P. M. J. Trevelyan, University of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
11. Dr. K. C. Sahu, IIT Hyderabad, India