Dr. Shilpi Chaudhary obtained her MTech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi in 2010. She has been awarded Marie-Curie Fellowship in the framework of FP7/European Nano Invent in SMALL(Surface for Molecular Recognition at Atomic Level) network for doctoral studies. She earned a PhD degree for her experimental work on “Modification of Oxide Surfaces with Functional Organic Molecules Nanoparticles, and Hetero-Oxide Layers” from the Division of Synchrotron Radiation Research, Department of Physics of Lund University in 2015. Presently, she is working as a SERB – national Postdoctoral Fellow and focusing mainly on the fabrication and spectroscopic investigations of adsorption of organic molecules on Bio/Chemo- sensing surfaces.
Areas of Research
Surface and interface investigations of bio/chemo- sensing platforms
PhD, Lund University, Lund, Sweden (2015)
Licentiate, Lund University, Lund, Sweden (2014)
MTech, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India (2010)
National Postdoctoral Fellow (nPDF) – SERB, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, India (July 01, 2016 – cont.)
Marie-Curie Fellowship, FP7 - European Nano Invent AB Malmo / Lund University, Sweden (October 2010 – June 2015)
Project Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India (June 2010 – August 2010)
1. Iron phthalocyanine on Cu(111):Coverage-dependent assembly and symmetry breaking, temperature-induced homocoupling, andmodification of the adsorbate-surface interaction by annealing, O. Snezhkova, F. Bischoff, Y. He, A. Wiengarten, Shilpi Chaudhary, N. Johansson, K. Schulte, J. Knudsen, J. V. Barth, K. Seufert, W. Auwärter, J. Schnadt, The Journal of Chemical Physics 144, 094702 (2016)
2. Covalent immobilization of molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles on a gold surface using carbodiimide coupling for chemical sensing, T. Kamra, Shilpi Chaudhary, C. Xu, L. Montelius, J. Schnadt, L. Ye Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 461, 1-8 (2016).
3. Near-ambient pressure x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study of the atomic layer deposition of TiO2 on RuO2(110), A. R. Head, Shilpi Chaudhary, G. Olivieri, J. N. Andersen, F. Rochet, F. Bournel, J.-J. Gallet, and J. Schnadt, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 120, 243 (2015).
4. Real-time study of CVD growth of silicon oxide on rutile TiO2(110) using tetraethyl orthosilicate, Shilpi Chaudhary, A. R. Head, R. Sánchez-de-Armas, H. Tissot, G. Olivieri, F. Bournel, L. Montelius, L. Ye, F. Rochet, J.-J.Gallet, B. Brena, and J. Schnadt, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 119, 19149 (2015).
5. X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study of adsorption of (3-mercaptopropyl)trimethoxysilane and n-propyltriethoxysilane on a rutile TiO2(110) surface, Shilpi Chaudhary, A. R. Head, J. Schnadt, Advanced Materials Letters 6, 279 (2015).
6. Covalent immobilization of molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles using an epoxy silane, T. Kamra, Shilpi Chaudhary, C. Xu, N. Johansson, L. Montelius, J. Schnadt, L. Ye, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 445, 277 (2015).
7. Controlled short-linkage assembly of functional nano- objects, Shilpi Chaudhary, T. Kamra, K. M. A. Uddin, O. Snezhkova, H. S. N. Jayawardena, M. Yan, L. Montelius, J. Schnadt, and L. Ye, Applied Surface Science 300, 22 (2014).
8. Molecularly imprinted polymer beads prepared by pickering emulsion polymerization for steroid recognition, T. Zhou, X. Shen, Shilpi Chaudhary, and L. Ye, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 131, 39606 (2014).
9. Breath figure patterns made easy, C. Huang, T. Kamra, S. Chaudhary, and X. Shen, ACS Applied, Materials & Interfaces 6, 5971 (2014).
IAAM Young Scientist Award (2014) – for the research work on “X-ray photoemission spectroscopy study of (3-mercaptopropyl)trimethoxysilane and n-propyltriethoxysilane on rutile TiO2(110)” during international conference on Smart Materials and Surfaces (SMS), Bangkok, Thailand
Awarded Per Westlings Minnesfond Grant (VT2014) SWEDEN, European Conference on Surface Science 30, Antalya, TURKEY
Marie-Curie Fellowship – FP7 (Innovative Training Network – 2010): In the framework of European Nano Invent AB Malmo, Lund University, SWEDEN and surface for molecular recognition at atomic level (SMALL) network, for doctoral studies.