Dr. Subhendu Sarkar
Department of Physics
Subhendu Sarkar is an Associate Professor in the Department of Physics. He works in the area of surface and interface physics. His past research includes molecular ion formation aspects under low energy ion solid interactions and interfacial alloy formation in multilayered materials. Currently, his investigations include surface patterning using various physical and chemical techniques, evaporative self-assembly and their applications. His studies on surface patterning deal with pattern transitions for mono and binary systems. Under evaporative self-assembly, his group tries to examine the role of surface fluctuations in drying of sessile droplets.
After obtaining his doctoral degree from the Surface Physics Division of Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, he went on to work as a post-doctoral fellow at Inter-University Microelectronic Centre (IMEC), Belgium. He was also a visiting scientist at Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam before joining IIT Ropar. He is an author of several publications in his areas of research and is a recipient of the MRSI Award.
22. D. Lohani and S. Sarkar, Nanoscale Topographical Fluctuations: A Key Factor for Evaporative Colloidal Self-Assembly, Langmuir, 34(43):12751 (2018)
21. Mamta Singla, Ajay Kumar, Amanjit Bal, Subhendu Sarkar and Shalmoli Bhattacharyya, Epithelial to mesenchymal transition induces stem cell like phenotype in renal cell carcinoma cells, Cancer Cell Int., 18, 57 (2018)
20. B. K. Parida, M. Ranjan and S Sarkar, Influence of obliquely incident primary ion species on patterning of CoSi binary mixtures: An experimental study, Physica B: Condensed Matter 545, 34 (2018)
19. B. K. Parida, M. Ranjan and S Sarkar, Morphological instabilities in argon ion sputtered CoSi binary mixtures, Current Applied Physics 18 (9), 993, (2018)
18. P Sana, L Vázquez, R Cuerno and S Sarkar, Collective evolution of submicron hillocks during the early stages of anisotropic alkaline wet chemical etching of Si (100) surfaces, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 50 (43), 435306, (2017).
17. P. K. Dhillon and. S. Sarkar, Erosion dynamics of faceted pyramidal surfaces, Curr. Appl. Phys., 16, 956 (2016)
16. P. K. Dhillon, P. S. Brown, C. D. Bain, J. P. S. Badyal and S. Sarkar, Topographical length scales of hierarchical superhydrophobic surfaces, Appl. Surf. Sci., 317, 1068-1074 (2014).
15. P. K. Dhillon and S. Sarkar, Non-monotonic roughening at early stages of isotropic silicon etching, Appl. Surf. Sci., 284, 569-574 (2013). pdf
14. Prabhjeet Kaur Dhillon, Subhendu Sarkar, Alexis Franquet, Alain Moussa and Wilfried Vandervorst, Si nanoripples: A growth dynamical study, Appl. Surf. Sci., 258, 9579 (2012). pdf
13. Subhendu Sarkar, Alexis Franquet, Alain Moussa and Wilfried Vandervorst, Chemical effects during ripple formation using isobaric ion beams, Appl. Surf. Sci., 257, 6424 (2011). pdf
12. Subhendu Sarkar, Benny Van Daele and Wilfried Vandervorst, Impact of repetitive and random surface morphologies on the ripple formation on ion bombarded SiGe surfaces, New J. Phys. 10, 083012 (2008). pdf
11. Subhendu Sarkar, Benny van Daele and Wilfried Vandervorst, Ripple morphologies on ion irradiated Si(1-x)Ge(x), Appl. Surf. Sci., 255, 1368 (2008). pdf
10. Biswajit Saha, Subhendu Sarkar, Purushottam Chakraborty and Hubert Gnaser, Secondary emission of MCsn+ molecular ions under the joint influence of electropositive and electronegative elements, Surf. Sci. 602, 1061 (2008). pdf
9. S. Chattopadhyay, S. Sarkar, A. Datta and P. Chakraborty, Morphology of Au nanoparticles formed by magnetron sputtering: ellipsoids and rings, Surf. Engineering 22, 208 (2006). pdf
8. Subhendu Sarkar, Alokmay Datta, Purushottam Chakraborty and Biswarup Satpati, Interface-dominated growth of a metastable novel alloy phase, J. Mater. Res. 20, 2639 (2005). pdf
7. S. Sarkar, A. Datta and P. Chakraborty, Formation of novel Cu3Au alloy phase under confinement, International Journal of Nanoscience, 4, (5-6), 1011 (2005). pdf
6. Subhendu Sarkar and Purushottam Chakraborty, Instantaneous surface work function dependence of MCsn+ molecular ion emission under varying Cs environments, Nucl.Instrum. and Meth. B, 232, 153 (2005). pdf
5. Subhendu Sarkar, Purushottam Chakraborty and Hubert Gnaser, Energetics of MCsn+ molecular ions emitted from Cs+ irradiated surfaces, Phys. Rev. B, 70, 195427 (2004). pdf
4. Subhendu Sarkar, Alokmay Datta, Purushottam Chakraborty and Biswarup Satpati, Formation of a tetragonal Cu3Au alloy at gold-copper interfaces, Surf. Interface Anal., 35,793 (2003). pdf
3. Subhendu Sarkar and Purushottam Chakraborty, Towards an understanding of MCsn+ formation mechanism in SIMS, Nucl. Instrum. and Meth. B, 212, 364 (2003). pdf
2. Subhendu Sarkar and Purushottam Chakraborty, Preferential oxygen-trapping in metallic multilayers: A SIMS perspective, J. Chin. Chem. Soc., 48, 521, (2001). pdf
1. S. Sarkar, P.Chakraborty, M.K.Sanyal, F.Caccavale and B.M.Arora, Interfacial diffusion in a double quantum well structure, Surf. Interface Anal., 29, 659-662, (2000). pdf