Join CSE@ IIT Ropar as faculty
Department of Computer Science at IIT Ropar invites bright and motivated individuals to apply for faculty positions at all levels in all areas of computer science and engineering. Applicant must have PhD degree with throughout good academic performance with strong research background. Interested applicants may send their resume, research statement and teaching statement to csefacultyjobs AT iitrpr.ac.in. The eligibility criteria for various levels is given at
Computer science department at IIT Ropar offer many unique opportunities and benefits to its faculty.
Strong Academic programs:
- - A vibrant undergraduate program in Computer Science department that attracts top 0.1% of students appears in JEE in India. Student performance in the B.Tech. program has been spectacular so far – both in terms of academic grades and graduate outcome.
- - The curriculum has been innovative. For example, there is an idea of faster pace B. Tech program for bright students as well as slow pace program for weak students.There are ideas of capstone project for product oriented final year B Tech project. Most important, program is still evolving. So a new faculty can be part of a revolution.
- - Strong research program: CSE department offers MS(R) and PhD program. To increase the quality of research students, department/instate offers several benefits to students such as conference travel support. Various outreach activities are also scheduled by institute to increase quality of PhD applicants.
- - Department is going to start its M. Tech. program from next academic session (2017-2018).
- - In NIFR ranking 2016, among all engineering institutes of India, IIT Ropar is number one in teaching, learning & resources as well as in graduate outcome.Overall IIT Ropar is ranked 9.
Healthy research environment:
- IIT Ropar gives generous support for establishing new research areas/labs/facilities. Seed grant can be upto 50 lacs ($80K).
- Number of students that are funded by institute per faculty is five (5). There is no restriction on number of students supported by external funding sources.
- Open and flat hierarchy culture motivates faculty to do good research
- Department offers several incentives on top of what institute offers for good research outcome
- Department encourages foreign nationals to apply for short term (3 to 5 years) faculty appointment
- All the faculty members of department have very strong academic and research records. All faculty members have obtained their PhD from leading institutes across the globe. The department also attracts good number of visiting faculty members.
- Department encourages to undertake sponsored research and consultancy projects.
- On campus faculty accommodation based on availability
- Pay structure of faculty is at par with all IITs and is one of the best in Indian academia
- Professional development fund to attend international and domestic conferences, to buy books, and subscription of professional membership
- Good medical facility is present in the campus. For hospitalization, medical insurance of faculty along with his dependents is taken care by institute
- Telephone/mobile bills can be reimbursed
- School fee as well as expenditure involved in studies like uniform/books etc can be reimbursed for wards of faculty members
- Currently IIT Ropar is operating from a transit campus that is also self sufficient. For example has three boys’ hostels, one girls’ hostels, guest house, sports facilities for cricket, football, tennis, basketball, badminton, etc.
- From next session (2017-2018) we will shift to new campus that is built in more than 500 acres of land and has got five GRIHA rating for green buildings. The
campus would have all state of the art facilities. The new campus is very close to bank of Satluj river.
- Ropar is a historical town on the bank of river Satluj, big enough to fulfill all sufficient requirements and small enough to avoid pollution and distractions of a
- Faculty who want to stay in a metro city, IIT Ropar provides all facilities (like cab service) to Chandigarh, the city beautiful. Chandigarh is one hour drive from
- Ropar is well connected to all parts of India via rail/road/air. Chandigarh airport is at one hour drive from IIT Ropar.
- Ropar is gateway for many hill stations, like Kullu, Manali, Dharamshala. Other tourist locations like Amritser, Patiala are at couple of hours drive away.
Advertisement of faculty recruitment is rolling. That means, you may apply any time during the year. However, permanent appointments are typically made twice a year through selection committee. Typically following procedures is adopted:
1. Screening of applications based on research and academic profile
2. Research and teaching presentation of shortlisted candidates
3. Interview with selection committee
4. Offer of appointment