Transition to turbulence, Non- Newtonian flows, Biological flows, heat transfer
PhD in Max Planck Institute for dynamics and self Organisation, Goettingen, Germany 2012
MS in JNCASR, Bengaluru, India 2008
B.E. in Jadavpur University , Kolkata India 2006
Oct 2014-sep 2016 : University of Minnesota Chemical Engineering Department, USA
Oct 2012-Sep 2014 : Okinawa Institute of Science and technology, Fluid dynamics unit, Japan
1. S. Guo, D. Samanta, Y.Peng, X. Xu and X. Cheng, "Symmetric shear banding and swarming vortices in bacterial superfluids", Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, June 25, 2018
2. D. Samanta, F. Ingremeau, R. Cerbus, T. Tuan, P. Chakraborty, W.I. Goldburg and H. Kellay, "The scaling of near wall flows in quasi two dimensional turbulent channels", Physical Review Letters ,113, July, 2014.
3. D. Samanta, Y. Dubief, M. Holzner, C. Schaefer , A. Morozov , C. Wagner and B. Hof, "Elasto-inertial turbulence", Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, June 11, 2013.
4..Shreyas JV , D. Samanta and K.R. Sreenivas, "Aerodynamics of Bird and Insect Flight", Journal of the Indian Institute of Science , 91:3, July-Sept. 2012
5. D. Samanta, J.V. Shreyas and K.R. Sreenivas, "Study of flapping flight using discrete vortex method based simulations ", International Journal of Modern Physics C , 24, 2012
6. D. Samanta, A. Lozar and B. Hof, "Experimental investigations of laminar turbulent pattern intermittency in pipe flow ", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 681, 193-204, 2011.