The TC2S-2017 is the inaugural thematic conference in chemical sciences, which will be organized biennially by the Department of Chemistry at IIT Ropar and theme of this year’s conference is sustainable chemistry (TC2S-2017: Sustainable Chemistry). A major aim of this conference is to bring together current research on different aspects of sustainable chemistry- preparation and characterization of organic and inorganic materials for possible applications in industry; energy applications; and drug development and delivery. Another aim of this conference is to bring together senior and young researchers from academia and industry on a common platform, to share their results and idea for the benefit of the society. We have scheduled 4 plenary and 10-12 invited lectures from highly distinguished scientists in the field of sustainable chemistry in the country. In addition, the conference will have about 12 oral and 100 poster presentations from students and postdoctoral fellows. Put together, the TC2S-2017 is expected to be a trendsetter in the field and provide invaluable insights into the current trends in sustainable chemistry research. We warmly welcome participants working in any area of sustainable chemistry. Of particular interest are following areas:
(1) Preparation and characterization of organic, inorganic, and energy materials;
(2) Sustainable catalysis: heterogeneous & homogeneous catalysis, photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, and biocatalysis;
(3) Chemical and electrochemical sensors;
(4) Development of alternative energy resources;
(5) Sustainable drug development and delivery; and
(6) Modelling and simulation studies of energy materials, including storage materials.