Womens Forum, IIT Ropar is established to create an environment which boosts all-round development of women members in campus. It also includes WISE(Women in Science & Engineering).
Women’s Forum is committed to enable women of the institute to pursue their work with dignity and confidence. The aim of the IITRPR Women’s Forum is to maintain a safe workplace for women and a harmonious atmosphere at IITRPR to raise awareness in the community on gender equality issues.
The IITRPR Women’s Forum emphasizes protection against any harassment or gender discrimination. In addition, the Women’s Forum will also engage in organizing various activities promoting gender equality and gender amity.
- To create a platform where women can raise their voice and be on par with men.
- To work towards a gender sensitive and safe environment.
- To broaden the domain of knowledge and improve skills of women community.
Activities planned by Women’s Forum:-
- Conduct workshops for students/staff to increase technical skills.
- Organise talks by eminent personalities to motivate campus community.
- Conduct cultural and technical competitions on regular basis.
- Organise trips to understand real life society.
- Celebrating International Women’s Day.