Akshar Tripathi did his B.Tech in Civil Engineering from SRM University, Chennai in 2014. Thereafter he was engaged on a training project in Advanced imaging sensor design at Physical Research Laboratory (PRL)- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO-DOS), Ahmedabad in 2015. He did his M.Tech in Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems from Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) - ISRO center Dehradun in 2018. He holds a Helicopter Pilot’s license and has keen interest in airborne platforms and UAV based remote sensing. Currently, he has around nine publications in various International Conferences and Journals.
Area of Research
Microwave/Synthetic Aperture RADAR (SAR) Remote Sensing, Application of Remote Sensing in Agroinformatics.
Area of Interest/ Expertise
Microwave sensor design, Applications of Synthetic and Real Aperture RADARs Systems, RADAR Antennae design and Satellite Communications, Electronic Surveillance systems, 2-D Color Doppler RADAR, Archaeological studies and Heritage Conservation, Land Use/Land Cover change modelling, Flood modelling, LiDAR based 3-D modelling, SOnic Detection and Ranging (SODAR) based atmospheric turbulence measurement and SAR Tomography.
List of Publications-
1. ‘SAR interferometry-based displacement mapping of cultural heritage sites’, Akshar Tripathi and Shashi Kumar, 38th Asian Conference on Remote Sensing, 23rd -27th October 2017, New Delhi.
2. ‘Spaceborne Bistatic Polarimetric SAR for Scattering Analysis and Classification of Man-made and Natural Features’, Akshar Tripathi, Sandeep Maithani and Shashi Kumar, 3rd International Conference on Microwave and Photonics,At: IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, India, 9th -11th February, 2018, DOI: 10.1109/ICMAP.2018.8354494
3. ‘Minimization of the Ambiguity of Merging of Urban Builtup and Fallow land Features by Generating ‘C2’ Covariance Matrix using Spaceborne Bistatic Dual Pol SAR Data’, Akshar Tripathi, Sandeep Maithani and Shashi Kumar,4th IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances In Information Technology Indian Institute of Technology (ISM), 15th - 17th March'18 | Dhanbad, INDIA At: IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, DOI: 10.1109/RAIT.2018.8389058
4. ‘X-band persistent SAR interferometry for surface subsidence detection in Rudrapur City, India’, Akshar Tripathi, Sandeep Maithani and Shashi Kumar,Remote Sensing Technologies and Applications in Urban Environments, SPIE-DLR Symposia, 6th-9th September 2018, Berlin, Germany, DOI: 10.1117/12.2326267
5. ‘Effect of Phase Filtering on Interferometry based Displacement Analysis of Cultural Heritage Sites’, Akshar Tripathi and Shashi Kumar, 4th IEEE UPCON, Gorakhpur, 2nd -4th November 2018, DOI: 10.1109/UPCON.2018.8597027.
6. ‘C-band SAR Interferometry based flood inundation mapping for Gorakhpur and adjoining areas’, Akshar Tripathi and Reet Kamal Tiwari, presented at IEEE-ICCECE, 17th-19th February 2019, Kolkata, Publication awaited.
7. ‘Utilization of spaceborne c-band sar data for analysis of flood impact on agriculture and its management’, Akshar Tripathi and Reet Kamal Tiwari, Under Publication with ISPRS-GEOGLAM.
8. ‘Mapping of deflection caused due to hydrostatic pressure using DinSAR on Bhakhra dam’, Akshar Tripathi and Reet Kamal Tiwari, submitted to IEEE IGARSS, 2019.
9. ‘Space Science and Remote Sensing in the field of Earth Observations and Media Communication’, Akshar Tripathi and Reet Kamal Tiwari, article Submitted to UGC Journal- Vimarsh, February, 2019.
Symposia/ Best Paper awards-
‘C-band SAR Interferometry based flood inundation mapping for Gorakhpur and adjoining areas’, Akshar Tripathi and Reet Kamal Tiwari, presented at IEEE-ICCECE, 17th-19th January 2019, Kolkata, organized by Techno India University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
Invited to deliver a Talk on Space Technology for Media and Management in the 21st Century by Department of Jornalism and Mass Communication, IFTM University Moradabad (Uttar Pradesh), on 23rd February 2019.