Dr. Saikat Roy
Department of Chemical Engineering
Dr. Saikat Roy did his postdoc from Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel. He completed his Mtech+PhD dual degree in chemical engineering from IIT Bombay in the year 2016. As a part of his PhD work, he studied the consolidation of colloidal gel via simulation and theory and proposed a model which does fairly well in predicting the salient features of the compressional rheology of gels. During his postdoctoral research, he studied the behaviour of frictional granular matter via simulation and theory. His research interests mainly lie in Granular Mechanics, Soft Condensed Matter and related Solid Mechanics, Jamming and Glass transition,Complex fluid Rheology.
Areas of Research:
Granular Mechanics, Complex Fluids , Soft Condensed Matter and related Solid Mechanics, Colloidal Gel Rheology, Jamming and Glass transition, Fluid Mechanics.
MTech+PhD in Chemical engineering (Indian Institute of Technology Bombay ,2016)
B.E in Chemical engineering (Jadavpur University, 2009)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel (April’2017- Feb’2020)
Research Associate, Industrial Research and Consultancy Centre - IIT Bombay (Dec’2016 Mar’ 2017)
- 1.Lemaitre, A., Mondal, C., Procaccia, I., Roy, S., Wang , Y. and Zhang, J., Frictional Granular Matter: Protocol Dependence of Mechanical Properties (Accepted in Phys. Rev. Lett.)
- 2. Roy, S. and Tirumkudulu, M. S., Micro-mechanical theory of shear yield stress for strongly flocculated colloidal gel, Soft Matter 16(7), 1801 (2020). (Corresponding Author)
- 3. Hentschel, H. G. E., Procaccia, I., and Roy, S., Diffusion in Agitated Frictional Granular Matter Near the Jamming Transition, Phys. Rev. E 100(4), 042902 (2019). (PRE kaleidoscope)
- 4. Hentschel, H. G. E., Procaccia, I., and Roy, S., Scaling theory of giant frictional slips in decompressed granular media, EPL (Europhysics Letters) 125(6), 68004 (2019).
- 5. Akella, V. S., Bandi, M. M., Hentschel, H. G. E., Procaccia, I., and Roy, S., Force Distributions in Frictional Granular Media, Phys. Rev. E 98(1), 012905 (2018). (PRE Editor's Suggestion)
- 6. Bandi, M. M., Hentschel, H. G. E., Procaccia, I., Roy, S., and Zylberg, J., Training, memory and universal scaling in amorphous frictional granular matter, EPL (Europhysics Letters) 122(3), 38003 (2018).
- 7. Roy, S. and Tirumkudulu, M. S., Universality in consolidation of colloidal gels, Soft Matter 12(47), 9402-9406 (2016). (Cover Article)
- 8. Roy, S., and Tirumkudulu M. S., Yielding in a strongly aggregated colloidal gel. Part I: 2D simulations, J.Rheol. 60(4), 559-574 (2016).
- 9. Roy, S., and Tirumkudulu M. S., Yielding in a strongly aggregated colloidal gel. Part II: Theory, J. Rheol.60(4), 575-586 (2016).
- 10. Roy, S. and Tirumkudulu, M. S., Drying and Consolidation in Drying Colloidal Dispersions, Procedia IUTAM15, 57-63 (2015).
- 11. Roy, S., Modeling the Generic Breakthrough Curve for Adsorption Process, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing,ISBN:6200262462 (2019).