Dr. Swati A Patel
Department of Chemical Engineering
Complex Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Population Balance Modelling
Particulate Product Engineering
Ph.D: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
M.E. (Polymer Technology): The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, India
B.E. (Chemical Engineering): SVMIT Bharuch, Gujarat, India
1. T Vidya Sagar, S. A. Patel, A.K. Gupta, R.P. Chhabra, Effects of severe blockage on heat transfer from a sphere in power-law fluids, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 84 (2017) 27-34.
2. Om Prakash, S. A. Patel, A.K. Gupta, R.P. Chhabra, Coarse particles in homogeneous non-Newtonian slurries: Combined effects of shear-thinning and yield stress on drag and heat transfer from hemispherical particles. Transactions of the Indian Institute of Metals 70 (2017) 341-358.
3. S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Effect of angle of incidence on laminar forced convection from an elliptical cylinder in Bingham plastic fluids. Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A: Applications 70 (2016) 917-937.
4. A.K. Baranwal, S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Free convection in power-law fluid from a cylinder adjacent to an adiabatic wall. Computational Thermal Sciences 8 (2016) 73-78.
5. A.H. Raja, S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Laminar forced convection heat transfer from a two-dimensional transverse plate in Bingham plastic fluids. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 83 (2015) 690–709.
6. S.V. Nalluri, S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Mixed convection from a hemisphere in Bingham plastic fluids. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 84 (2015) 304–318.
7. O.P Patel, S.A. Patel, A.H. Raja, R.P. Chhabra, Laminar forced convection heat transfer from a hemisphere in Bingham plastic fluids: Effect of orientation and thermal boundary condition. Journal of Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer 37 (2015) 183-212.
8. S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Effect of aiding buoyancy on heat transfer from an isothermal elliptical cylinder in Newtonian and Bingham plastic fluids. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 89 (2015) 539-566.
9. S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Laminar convection in Bingham plastic fluids from an isothermal elliptical cylinder, J. Thermophys. Heat Transfer 30 (2015) 152-167.
10. S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Heat transfer in Bingham plastic fluids from a heated elliptical cylinder, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer 73 (2014) 671–692.
11. S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Steady flow of Bingham plastic fluids past an elliptical cylinder, J. Non-Newt. Fluid Mech. 202 (2013) 32–53.
1. Swati Patel, Raj Chhabra, George D. Raithby & K. G. Terry Hollands, Natural Convection, Chapter 3.2.1, In Raj. P. Chhabra (ed.), CRC Handbook of Thermal Engineering, second edition, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, FL, 2017.
2. Swati Patel , Raj Chhabra, Thomas F. Irvine, Jr. & Massimo Capobianchi, Convection Heat Transfer in Non-Newtonian Fluids, Chapter 3.2.4, In Raj. P. Chhabra (ed.), CRC Handbook of Thermal Engineering, second edition, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, FL, 2017.
3. S.A. Patel, R.P. Chhabra, Forced convection from an inclined elliptical cylinder with constant heat flux: Effect of Prandtl number. Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power – Contemporary Research Part of the series Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, Spinger, 385-394, 2016.
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, 2017 -
Research Associate, New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJ, USA, 2016-17
Faculty member, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, India, 2007-11