Dr. Apurva Mudgal
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Dr. Mudgal is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at IIT Ropar. He did his B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Bombay. Before joining IIT Ropar, he was a PhD candidate at the College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology. His research interests lie in theoretical computer science, approximation algorithms, theoretical robotics, and computational geometry. His thesis involved the design and analysis of algorithms for robot navigation problems(target search and localization) from the worst-case perspective.
Areas of Research:
1. Theoretical computer science
2. Approximation algorithms
3. Theoretical robotics
4. Computational geometry
1. Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, U.S.A.
2. B.Tech., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
1. Sven Koenig, Joseph S. B. Mitchell, Apurva Mudgal and Craig Tovey, A Near-tight Approximation Algorithm for the Robot Localization Problem, SIAM Journal of Computing, 39(2), 461-490, 2009. A preliminary version of this paper appeared in SODA '06.
2. Apurva Mudgal, Craig Tovey, Sam Greenberg and Sven Koenig, Bounds on the Travel Cost of a Mars Rover Prototype Search Heuristic, SIAM Journal on DIscrete Mathematics, 19(2), 431-447, 2005.