Dr. Manoranjan Mishra
Department of Mathematics
Phone No. 24-2158
Room No. 212
Dr. Manoranjan Mishra obtained his doctoral degree from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. He carried out post-doctoral studies at INLN, University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France (2005-2006) obtaining a fellowship from French National Ministry of Education and Research and also at Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels (2006-2007). He has been a recipient of Humboldt fellowship of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH), Germany during 2007-2008 and FRS-FNRS fellowship from Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique, Belgium in 2008-2009. Presently, he is a Professor of Mathematics at IIT Ropar.
-Sharma, V., Othman, H., Nagatsu, Y., Mishra, M., (2021) Viscous Fingering of Miscible Annular Ring. J. Fluid Mechanics (Accepted)
-Rana, C., Mishra, M.(2020) Interaction between rarefaction wave and viscous fingering in a Langmuir adsorbed solute, Physical Review E 101, 033101.
-Hota, T., Mishra, M. (2020) Transient growth and symmetrizability in rectilinear miscible viscous fingering, Journal of Engineering Mathematics Vol. 120, 111–128.
-Sharma, V., Nand, S., Pramanik, S. Chen, C. Y. , Mishra, M. (2020) Control of Radial Miscible Viscous Fingering, J. Fluid Mechanics, Vol 884, A16.
-Kumar, A., Mishra, M., (2019) Boundary effects on the onset of miscible viscous fingering in a Hele-Shaw flow Physical Review Fluids, Vol 4. 104004.
- Sharma, V., Pramanik, S. Chen, C. Y. , Mishra, M. (2019) A numerical study on reaction induced radial fingering instability, J. Fluid Mechanics, Vol 862, pp 624-638.
- Hota, T. and Mishra, M. (2018), Non-modal stability analysis of miscible viscous fingering with non-monotonic viscosity profiles, J. Fluid Mechanics, Vol 856, pp 552-579.
- Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), EFFECT OF PECLET NUMBER ON MISCIBLE RECTILINEAR DISPLACEMENT IN A HELE-SHAW CELL, Phys. Rev. E.91, 033006.
-Pramanik, S. , Hota, T. K. and Mishra, M., (2015), Influence of viscosity contrast on buoyantly unstable miscible fluids in porous media, J. Fluid Mech. 780,388-406.
-Pramanik, S. , De Wit and Mishra, M., (2015), Viscous fingering and deformation of a miscible circular blob in rectilinear displacement in porous media, J.Fluid Mech. 782, R2 (JFM Rapid).
-Hota, T.K., Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), Nonmodal stability analysis of miscible viscous fingering in porous media, Phys. Rev. E 92, 053007.
- Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M., (2015), Viscosity scaling of fingering instability in finite slices with Korteweg stress, Europhys. Lett. 109, 64001.
- Pramanik, S. and Mishra, M. (2013) Linear Stability Analysis of Korteweg Stresses Effect on Miscible Viscous Fingering in Porous Media, Physics of Fluids, Vol 25, 074104 (2013).
- Mishra, M., Rana, C., De Wit, A. and Martin, M (2013) Influence of a strong sample solvent on analyte dispersion in chromatographic columns, Journal of Chromatography A, Vol. 1297, 46-55.
- Mishra, M., De Wit, A., Sahu, K. C. (2012) Double diffusive effects on pressure-driven miscible displacement flows in a channel, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol-712, PP 579-597.
- Mishra, M., Trevelyan, P. M. J., Almarcha, C. and De Wit, A. (2010), Influence of Double Diffusive Effects on Miscible Viscous Fingering. Physical Review Letters Vol. 105, 204501.
- Mishra, M., Martin, M. and De Wit, A. (2008) Differences in miscible viscous fingering of finite width slices with positive and negative log-mobility ratio, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 78, 066306.
- Mishra, M., Martin, M. and De Wit, A. (2007) Miscible viscous fingering with linear adsorption on the porous matrix, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 19, 073101.
1. Prof. Yuichro Nagatsu, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
2.Prof. Anne De Wit, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
3. Prof. C. Y. Chen, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan.
2. Dr. Michel Martin, PMMH-ESPCI, Paris, France
4. Prof. A. Delgado, LSTM-Erlangen, Germany
5. Prof. F. Durst, LSTM-Erlangen, Germany
6. Dr. Philippe Maissa, Laboratoire J. A. Dieudonne, University of Nice, Nice, France
7. Prof. A. Ramachandra Rao, IISc, Bangalore, India
9. Prof. O. Ertunc, Özyeğin University, Turkey
10. Prof. P. M. J. Trevelyan, University of South Wales, United Kingdom
11. Prof. K. C. Sahu, IIT Hyderabad, India