Dr. M. Prabhakar
Phone No.: 24-2181
Room No. 207
Dr Prabhakar is an Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics at IIT Ropar. After obtaining his doctoral degree from IIT Delhi, he carried out post-doctoral studies at Harish Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad. He was also a visiting research fellow at Osaka City University (Japan). Dr. Prabhakar was a faculty member in the Department of Mathematics at IIT Guwahati from March 2006 to July 2009.
1. Kaur, Kirandeep; Prabhakar, Madeti; Vesnin, Andrei; Two-variable polynomial invariants of virtual knots arising from flat virtual knot invariants. J. Knot Theory Ramifications 27(2018), no. 13, 1842015, 22 pp.
2. Kaur, K.; Kamada, S.; Kawauchi, A.; Prabhakar, M. Gauss diagrams, unknotting numbers and trivializing numbers of spatial graphs. Topology Appl. 230 (2017), 586–598.
5. Vikash Siwach, Prabhakar Madeti, An Unknotting Sequence for Torus Knots, Topology and its Applications, DOI 10.1016/j.topol.2015.05.065
6. Siwach Vikash and Madeti Prabhakar, Region unknotting number of 2-bridge knots, Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications, Vol. 24 (2015).
7. Siwach Vikash and Madeti Prabhakar, A Sharp Upper Bound for Region Unknotting Number of Torus Knots, Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications, Vol. 22, No. 5 (2013).
8. Madeti Prabhakar and Rama Mishra, Minimal Degree Sequence for Torus Knots of type (p, q), Journal of Knot Theory and its Ramifications, Vol. 18, No. 4(2009), 485 - 491.
9. Madeti Prabhakar, A Bound on the Unknotting Number, Int. Journal of Mathematical Analysis, Vol. 3, No. 7(2009), 339 – 345.
10. Madeti Prabhakar and Rama Mishra, Polynomial Representation for Links, Proceedings of Knot Theory for Scientific Objects, OCAMI Studies Vol. 1(1) (2007), 143-154.
11. Madeti Prabhakar and Rama Mishra, Minimal Degree Sequence for Torus Knots of type (p, 2p-1), Journal of Knot Theory and its Ramifications, Vol. 15, No. 9(2006), 1141-1151.
12. Madeti Prabhakar and Rama Mishra, Minimal Degree Sequence for 2-Bridge Knots, Fundamenta Mathematicae, 190(2006), 191-210.
ICTS Program “Advanced School and Discussion Meeting on Knot Theory and its Applications” at IISER Mohali from 10 – 20 December, 2013.
Other Research Related Results:
Siwach Vikash and Madeti Prabhakar, MATLAB Program for Minimal Unknotting Crossing Data.
Siwach Vikash and Madeti Prabhakar, Unknotting number of some Knots