Dr. Dhiraj K. Mahajan
R. No. 329, Satish Dhawan Block
Department of Mechanical Engineering
dhiraj.mahajan @ iitrpr.ac.in
· Hydrogen storage and Hydrogen based zero-emission solutions
· Experiment and simulation-assisted development of hydrogen-embrittlement resistant metals.
· Experiment and simulation-assisted development of polymers for energy and biomedical applications
· Micromanufacturing processes
1. Design and development of a customized elastomeric balloon for a constant air pressure output bio-medical device, COEO Labs, Bangalore; PI, Completed, 5.5 L
2. Development of Gas Driven Mini-Turbine for Automotive Applications, Enerstrong Technologies Pvt. Ltd, PI, Ongoing: Sep 2021-June 2022, 4.5 L
3. Synthesis and validation of germicidal coating for BOPP films, Max Speciality Films Limited (MSFL), Nawanshahar, Punjab; Co-PI, Ongoing, 14.99 L
4. Design Support for Negative Pressure Ambulance and Isolation Room for Covid19 Patients, Bafna Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., PI, Completed, 2.6 L
5. Received CSR funding from ANSYS to install negative pressure room in Hospitals of Ropar district under the guidance of Deputy Commissioner of Ropar, Ansys Softwares Pvt. Ltd., Pune; PI, Ongoing, 8 L
6. Independent Verification Agency-TEQIP III, NPIU-MHRD-World Bank, PI, Completed, 55.69 L
1. Department Representative for Academic Council for Research & Post Graduate Studies (ACRPGS) from Apr 2020-till date.
2. Head, Training & Placement Cell, IIT Ropar from Apr’17-Jul’21. Brought several reforms in the functioning of T&P Cell. Played a key role in establishing Career Development & Corporate Relation Centre (CDCRC) at IIT Ropar and starting a B.Tech program with an Additional Internship and Joint Master's Thesis program.
3. Coordinator, National Resource Centre for Manufacturing at IIT Ropar from Aug'18-Jul'19 to develop a 20-hour MOOC on Manufacturing. This course is floated on the Swayam Platform by GoI and includes extensive inputs from thought leaders from Industry and Academia.
4. Organizing Team Member for SAE-BAJA 2018 at IIT Ropar, Jan’ 17-Mar’18.
5. Faculty In-charge, Board of Cultural Activities (BOCA), IIT Ropar, Aug'14 - Jun’15.
6. Established an online teaching feedback mechanism for IIT Ropar, June'14 - Nov’14.
1. AWaDH Internship Carnival - 2021 Coordinator. Trained 100 students from all over India (online mode) on Agriculture and Water Technologies, May21-August’21 (80+ patent applications submitted by interns based on their 8-week work in this internship carnival)
6. IIT Ropar student team with Dr Dhiraj K. Mahajan as advisor won the Veziroglu Award in HY Contest-2017 organized by the Hydrogen Association of India for the report titled "An Innovative Fuel Cell Application for Rural India: From Concept to Design".
7. IIT Ropar student team with Dr Dhiraj K. Mahajan as advisor won the second prize in HY Contest-2015 organized by Hydrogen Association of India for the report titled "Hydrogen Refueling Dispensing Station Model".
8. Best Poster Award at DAE-BRNS Symposium on Multiscale Modeling of Materials and Devices (MMMD-2014) held at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai from October 30-November 2, 2014.
1. Member of CII Taskforce on Green Hydrogen 2022-23
2. Member of CII National Committee on Future Mobility & Battery Storage for the year 2021-22 and 2022-23
3. Panel members for revision of IS 16735:2018 `Cylinders for on-Board Storage of Compressed Gaseous Hydrogen and Hydrogen Blends as a Fuel for Automotive Vehicles Specification'
4. Member of TED27 and TED26 Committees of the Bureau of Indian Standards
5. Education and Student Engagement Committee of ASPIRE led by the International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT)
6. Executive Member of Indian Structural Integrity Society (InSIS).
7. Member of Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE)
5. An autonomous system for low payload gripper changing mechanism and its method thereof, Status: Filed, Application No. 202211000649, Country of filing: India
H. Singh, Characterization and slurry erosion mechanisms of Nickel-Based cermet coatings on monel K-500, Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, October 2021, 1-17. doi.org/10.1007/s11666-021-01267-y
duced blister cracking and mechanical failure in pipeline steels. In: Advances in Structural Integrity: Structural Integrity over Multiple Length Scales, to be published in Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering.
 D. K. Mahajan, and S. Basu. Characterization of deformation behaviour of glassy polymers using molecular dynamics simulations. In: Proceedings of the 2 nd ICCMS-2006, December 2006, IIT Guwahati, India.
M.Tech./Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech)
B.Tech. (Major Project)
2014-15: Gaurav Jagannath Mahajan, Sachin Kumar, Tushar Chaudhary
2015-16: Kishan Govind, Vishal Goyal, Ishneet Singh, Sumit Dahiya, Kuricheti Ravi Teja, Aashish kholiya, Maneesh Verma, Sajeed Mahaboob, Krishanu Sarkar, Adarsh Kumar
2016-17: Peeyushi Raghav, Anshu Kaushal, Jitin Madhu, Paryant Pradhan, Shivam Jindal, Prasoon Ratnam, Randhir Swarnkar, Ranjan Kumar, Tijender Singh, Gaurav Behrani, Vishal Gupta;
2017-18: Amanjot Singh, Deepesh Meena, Pradeep Kalra, J Sai Nitin, Swapnil Rai
2018-19: Aakash Ravgotra, Anuj Kalsotra, Harsha B T, Rishabh Anchalia, Rishabh Goel, Ritik Rai, Rushit Virani
2019-20: Ujwal Goel, Abhinash Barnwal;
2020-21: Roshan Kumar Parihar, Saaransh Agarwal, Sahil Dighe