Dr. Anshu Dhar Jayal
School of Mechanical Materials and Energy Engineering
Modeling and optimization of sustainable manufacturing processes and systems.
Metrics development for sustainability evaluation in sustainable product and process design.
Tribological and thermo-mechanical issues in manufacturing processes: experimental investigation and numerical modeling.
Microstructure alteration in engineering materials for improved surface integrity, and hence enhanced life and performance, for overall sustainability improvement.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, USA, Dec 2006
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, USA, Dec 2003
B.E., Mechanical Engineering, University of Pune, India, May 1998
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Jan 2011 -Present
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Kentucky, Jan 2008 to Dec 2010
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, University of Utah, Sep 2006 to May 2007
1. Jawahir, I. S., Brinksmeier, E., MSaoubi, R., Aspinwall, D. K., Outeiro, J. C., Meyer, D., Umbrello, D., Jayal, A. D., 2011, Surface Integrity in Material Removal Processes: Recent Advances, Keynote paper, Annals of the CIRP, 61(2), doi:10.1016/j.cirp.2011.05.002.
2. Jayal, A. D., Badurdeen, F., Dillon, Jr., O. W., and Jawahir, I. S., 2010, Sustainable Manufacturing: Modeling and Optimization Challenges at the Product, Process and System Levels, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 2(3), pp. 144-152.
3. Umbrello, D., Jayal, A. D., Caruso, S., Dillon, O. W., and Jawahir, I. S., 2010, Modeling of White and Dark Layer Formation in Hard Machining of AISI 52100 Steel, Machining Science and Technology, 14(1), pp. 128-147.
4. Jayal, A. D., and Balaji, A. K., 2009, Effects of Cutting Fluid Application on Tool Wear in Machining: Interactions with Tool-coatings and Tool Surface Features, Wear, 267(9-10), pp. 1723-1730.
5. Jayal, A. D., Balaji, A. K., Sesek, R., Gaul, A., and Lillquist, D. R., 2007, Machining Performance and Health Effects of Cutting Fluid Application in Drilling of A390.0 Cast Aluminum Alloy, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, 9(2), pp. 137-146.