Dr. Subash Chandra Martha
Phone No.: 01881-242288
Room No. 239-B
Dr. Subash Chandra Martha obtained his doctoral degree from IIT Guwahati. He carried out post-doctoral studies at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (2007-2010) obtaining fellowship from NBHM, India. Dr. Martha's areas of research interests include Water Wave Mechanics (Scattering of water waves, Very large floating structures, Linear and Nonlinear flow in a channel) and Integral Equation. Presently, Dr. Martha is an Associate Professor of Mathematics at IIT Ropar.
1. Head of the Department from 14 Jan 2016 to 20th Jan 2019
Graduated Research Scholars:
1. Srikumar Panda
2. Arun Choudhary
Current Research Scholars:
1. Amandeep Kaur
2. Sofia Singla
3. Naveen Kumar Yadav
1. Dr. Swati Tyagi (June 2017 – Till Date)
2. Dr. Santanu Koley, (July 2016- July 2017)
- A. Choudhary and S. C. Martha, (2016) Diffraction of surface water waves by an undulating bed topography in the presence of vertical barrier, Ocean Engineering-Elsevier, Volume 122, 32-43.
- Srikumar Panda, S. C. Martha, and A. Chakrabarti, (2016) An alternative approach to study nonlinear inviscid flow over arbitrary bottom topography, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Volume 273, 165-177 (Elsevier Publication).
- Srikumar Panda, S. C. Martha and A. Chakrabarti, (2015), A modified approach to numerical solution of Fredholm integral equations of the second kind, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol 271, pp. 102-112 ( Elsevier Publication, DOI: 10.1016/j.amc.2015.08.111)
- Srikumar Panda, S. C. Martha and A. Chakrabarti, Three-layer fluid flow Over small Obstruction on the bottom of an Infinite Channel, The ANZIAM Journal, Volume 56, Issue 03, January 2015, pp 248-274 (Cambridge University Press, DOI: Published link of the paper ).
- S Panda, RK Singla, R Das and SC Martha, (2014), Identification of design parameters in a solar collector using inverse heat transfer analysis, Energy Conversion and Management 88, 27-39,(Elsevier Publications).
- A. Bhowmik, S. Panda, R. Das, R. Repaka and S.C. Martha, (2014), Inverse analysis of conductive-convective wet triangular fin for predicting thermal properties and fin dimensions, Inverse Problems in Science & Engineering, 22(8), 1367-1393,(Taylor & Francis).
- S. Panda, A. Bhowmik, R. Das, R. Repaka, S. C. Martha, (2014), Application of Homotopy Analysis Method and Inverse Solution of a Rectangular Wet Fin, Energy Conversion and Management, 80, 305-318, 2014 (Elsevier Publications).
- Srikumar Panda and S. C. Martha, (2014) Oblique Wave Scattering by Undulating Porous Bottom in a two-layer Fluid: Fourier transform approach, Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, 108 (6), 587-614 (Taylor & Francis).
- Srikumar Panda and S. C. Martha, (2014) Transformation of water-wave energy in two-layer ocean in the presence of surface tension, IEEE Conference Proceedings of 2014 Recent Advances in Engineering and Computational Sciences, RAECS 2014, Article Number 6799504, 6 pages.
- A. Choudhary and S. C. Martha (2014), Propagation of water waves in the presence of thin vertical barrier on the bottom undulation, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics, 91, 1-11
- Srikumar Panda and S. C. Martha, Oblique wave diffraction by varying porous bottom in the presence of surface tension, AIP Conference Proceedings, Volume 1536, Pages 595-596 (Published by American Institute of Physics, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4810367 ).
- Srikumar Panda, S. S. Samantaray and S. C. Martha, Wave Scattering by Small Undulation on the Porous Bottom of an Ocean in the Presence of Surface Tension, ISRN Oceanography, Vol. 2013, Article ID 504879, 6 pages (Published by Hindawi) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5402/2013/504879.
- Srikumar Panda and S. C. Martha, Interaction of water waves with small undulation on a porous bed in a two-layer ice-covered fluid, Journal of Marine Science and Application, 12 (4), 381-392 (Springer Publisher).
- A. Chakrabarti and S. C. Martha (2012) Methods of Solution of Singular Integral Equations, Mathematical Sciences, Vol. 6, 15 pages (Published by SpringerOpen, DOI:10.1186/2251-7456-6-15).
- A. Chakrabarti and S. C. Martha (2011) A review on the mathematical aspects of fluid flow problems in an infinite channel with arbitrary bottom topography, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, 29 (No. 5-6), 1583-1602.
- Mathematical Modelling in Water Wave Scattering, in 6th International Conference on Research Trends in Engineering, SGTB Khalsa College, Anandpur Sahib (held at NITTTR, Chandigarh), January 08, 2017.
- Integral Equation Method applied to Nonlinear Flow Problems, in the international conference on Recent Advances on Theoretical and Computational Partial Differential Equations held at UIET, Panjab, Chandigarh, India during December 5-9, 2016.
- Wave scattering in single-layer and two-layer fluid at Shanghai University, Shanghai, August 6-9, 2015.
- "Boundary Value Problems Arising in Multi-Layered Fluid", at National Seminar on Advances in Mathematical Analysis and Its Applications held at National Institute of Science & Technology, Berhampur during December 19-20, 2014
- "Boundary Value Problems involving Fluid Flow in a Channel", at Conference on Partial Differential Equations held at LNMIIT, Jaipur during December 10-11, 2014
- "Research Methodology and Innovation' in the Institute Seminar Series", National Institute of Technology Rourkela on December 17, 2013
- "Application of Research Methodology in Science and Engineering" in the Departmental Seminar of School of Computer Engineering, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University, Bhubaneswar on December 14, 2013
- Role of Integral Equation in Nonlinear Flow problems in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Recent Trends in Mathematical Sciences held at School of Mathematics, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra on March 22, 2013.
- Mathematical Modelling on Very large Floating Structures in the UGC sponsored National Seminar in Mathematics (Impact of ICT on Socio-Economic Development of Rural India) held at P.G. Department of Mathematics, Gaya College, Gaya, India during September 22-23, 2012.
- Integral Equation Method applied to Boundary Value Problems in the ``International Conference on Analysis and Applications" held at Berhampur University, Berhampur, India during July 20-21, 2012.
- Integral Equation arising in Fluid Flow problems in the ``National Conference on Industrial Mathematics & Computing", held at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology University, Bhubaneswar, India during May 26-27, 2012.
- Application of Least-Squares Method in Solving Water Wave Scattering Problems in the ``National Conference on Recent Trend in Mathematical Analysis and Applications (NCRTMAA-2010)" held at Berhampur University, Berhampur, Odisha, India during December 22-23, 2010.
Sponsored Research Projects:
1. SERB, DST Project entitled "Surface wave interaction with irregular bottom topography and barriers" 2014 (started).
2. ISRD Project entitled "Linear and Nonlinear Aspects of Fluid Flow in a Channel with Arbitrary Bottom Topography", 2011-2014.