Dr. Aditya Singh Rajput
Department of Civil Engineering,
Dr. Aditya Singh Rajput joined the Civil Engineering Department at I.I.T. Ropar as Assistant Professor in December 2019. After obtaining his B.E. in ‘Civil Engineering’ from S.A.T.I. Vidisha, he earned his M-Tech degree in ‘Building Technology’ from I.I.T. Roorkee. He completed his PhD research on Seismic ‘Evaluation and Upgradation of Corroded Confined Reinforced Concrete Columns’ from the Civil Engineering Department, I.I.T. Roorkee in March 2019. The emphasis of his research efforts focuses on developing durable and more economical structural concepts and innovative life extension techniques for modern as well as heritage structures. In particular, he has got his expertise in corrosion-related deteriorations of RC structures, seismic analysis, and design of rehabilitation/retrofitting strategy using advanced composite materials. Along with his research efforts during his PhD tenure, Dr Aditya has also participated in several field project related to condition assessment, structural auditing and rehabilitation/retrofitting of exiting deteriorated/deficient structures.
Areas of Research:
Study the effects of corrosion on the structural response of RC elements.
Study the structural performance under fire and elevated temperatures.
Development of innovative testing procedures for condition assessment of existing structures
Service life assessment and extension of modern and heritage structures
Development of fiber reinforced cementitious composites for sustainable development
Durability studies of RC structures under different degradation phenomenons
Development of rehabilitation guidelines for deficient and deteriorated RC structures
Doctor of Philosophy (2014-2019)- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Master of Technology (2012-2014)- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Bachelor of Engineering (2007-2011)- Samrat Ashok Technological Institute, Vidisha, M.P. India.
Assistant Professor (December 2019 – Till date), Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, Rupnagar, Punjab, India.
Post-Doctoral Fellow (April 2019 – December 2019) – Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
1. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Seismic upgrade of corroded confined reinforced concrete columns using composite materials’, ACI Materials, 116 (2019), pp 1-12, DOI: https://doi.org/10.14359/51716825
2. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Corroded reinforced concrete columns under simulated seismic loading’, Engineering Structures (Elsevier). 171 (2018), 453-463, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.05.097.
3. Rajput AS, Sharma UK and Engineer K, 'Seismic retrofitting of corroded RC columns using advanced composite materials', Engineering Structures (Elsevier), 181 (2019), 35-46, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2018.12.009.
4. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Performance of aged reinforced concrete columns under simulated seismic loading', Structural Concrete (Wiley), 20 (2019), 1123-1136, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/suco.201800235
5. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Seismic behaviour of under confined square reinforced concrete columns', Structures (Elsevier), 13 (2017), 26-35, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2017.10.005.
6. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, Durability and serviceability performance of GFRP rebars as concrete reinforcement, Indian Concrete Journal, 91 (2017), 51-60.
7. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Calibration of accelerated corrosion protocol for reinforced concrete columns partially submerged into seawater', Journal of Current Science.
8. Awasthi S, Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'FRP as a confinement reinforcement in RCC columns', Ambuja Technical Journal, 7 (2018), 34-39.
1. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Calibration of Faraday's law in simulating accelerated corrosion for RC structures', the RILEM week 2018 & the 4th International conferences of service life design for infrastructures (SLD-4), TU Delft, The Netherlands.
2. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Effects of corrosion on seismic behaviour of RC columns', 5th International corrosion prevention symposium for research scholar, CORSYM-2018, Organized by NACE international, 2018 at IIT Chennai, India.
3. Awasthi S, Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'FRP as a confinement reinforcement in RCC', International conferences on advanced in construction materials and structures-2018, Organized by ACMS at IIT Roorkee, India.
4. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Toward the design of sustainable reinforced concrete columns in corrosive & seismically active areas', Conference of GFRP reinforced concrete toward sustainable concrete, CGSI-2017, Organised by IC-IMPACTS at University of Toronto, Canada.
5. Rajput AS and Sharma UK, 'Condition assessment and seismic rehabilitation of a heritage structure', The 3rd symposium on assessment and intervention of existing structures, ACF-2019.