Dr. Prabhat K. Agnihotri
Processing, characterization and modelling of nanomaterials, multiscale hybrid composites, fracture mechanics, discrete dislocation plasticity, molecular dynamics simulations, mechanics of soft materials, energy absorbing materials.
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, 2012.
M.Tech., Materials Science, IIT Kanpur, 2005
B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering, Agra University, 2001
Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Dec., 2013-Present
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Groningen, Netherlands, Oct., 2011-Oct., 2013.
(1) Prabhat Agnihotri and Kamal K Kar, “Molecular Dynamic Simulation of Deformation Behavior of Carbon Nanotubes Under Generic Modes of Loading”, in Carbon Nanotube based Nanocomposites: Recent Development, Editors: Kamal K. Kar and A. Hodzic, Research Publishing Services (RPS), Singapore.
(1) K. K. Kar, P. Kumar, N. G. R. Iyenger and P. Agnihotri, “Carbon nanotube and nanoparticle coated carbon fiber reinforced polymer hybrid nanocomposite with improved thermomechanical properties and a process for preparation thereof”,Indian Patent No. 258293 (Grant date: 27-12-2013).
(2) K. K. Kar, P. Agnihotri and S. Dasgupta, “CNT coated long fiber and process and preparation thereof”,Indian Patent No. 260562 (Grant date: 08-05-2014).
(3) K. K. Kar, P. Agnihotri and S. Dasgupta, “Nickel coated carbon fiber reinforced polymer composites and method for the preparation thereof”, Indian Patent Number 249343 (Grant date: 18-10-2013).
(4) K. K. Kar, P. Agnihotri and S. Dasgupta, “A method for preparation of nanoparticle coated carbon fiber”, Indian Patent No. 250274 (Grant date 21-12-2011)..
(1) Narinder Singh, Beant Kaur Billing, Jasminder Singh, Prabhat K Agnihotri, “Thiourea Based Dipodal Receptor Development for Electrochemical Detection of Br− Ion in an Aqueous Medium”, Electroanalysis, 2015.
(2) B. Billing, J. Singh, Prabhat K. Agnihotri, N. Singh, “Development of dipodal electrochemical sensor for selective recognition of PO43- using organic nanoparticles in aqueous medium”, Electrochimica Acta, 182 (2015), 1112-1117.
(3) Prabhat K. Agnihotri and Erik Van der Giessen, “On the rate sensitivity from discrete dislocation plasticity”, Mech. Mater., 90 (2015), 37-46.
(4) Prabhat K. Agnihotri, K. K. Kar and Sumit Basu, “A cohesive zone model for carbon nanotubecoated carbon fiber/polymer multiscale composites”, Model. Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng., 20 (2012), 035014.
(5) Prabhat K. Agnihotri, Sumit Basu and K. K. Kar, “Effect of carbon nanotube length and density on the properties of carbon nanotube-coated carbon fiber/polyester composites”, Carbon, 49 (2011), 3098-3016.
(6) Prabhat K. Agnihotri and Sumit Basu, “Single-Walled Nanotubes as Kirchoff’s Elasticas”, Int. J. App. Mech., 2 (2010), 719-743.
(7) Kamal K. Kar, A. Rahman, P. Agnihotri, D. Sathiyamoorthy, “Synthesis of Carbon Nanotubes on the Surface of Carbon Fiber/fabric by Catalytic Chemical Vapor Deposition and Their Characterization”, Fuller. Nanotub. Carbon N., 13 (2009), 209-229.